Friday, April 10, 2015

Send the Right Message

Sign spinners, inflatables, balloons, flags, banners and bootleg signs are all ways to attract attention to your community. These items are important whether you are on a main street or not. In my experience one of the things that makes one or all of these things work is only if I’m paying very close attention to them at all times. The flags must be bright colors and changed out quarterly. If my flags start to look dingy it really reflects that I don’t care and if I don’t care about the entry of my property what is that saying about how I handle the inside of the residents apartments. This can send a message to future residents. The same goes for banners, balloons and bootleg signs. If my balloons deflate by mid afternoon. Take them down and blow up some more or just leave them down the rest of the day. I would rather have no balloons then old deflated balloons hanging at the end of my signs. If your property has an American flag. Update it quarterly as well. Sign spinners are a great way to promote a special on the weekends however this can be really successful or it can send the wrong message. Make sure to use a professional sign spinning company that uses uniforms or costumes. Drive by the property and check on your sign spinner. Make sure that they are actively spinning that sign and not texting or inappropriately dressed. This way your marketing dollars are well spent! When purchasing signs or inflatables for my property I always make sure the phone number and or website are large and I use a color that can be seen from a distance. If you have a text number use that. Make sure to incorporate your For Rent or Apt Guide ads into your promotional signage. Banners should be changed out often. I ordered a banner for each holiday or season and since they are not up for more then a month at a time I rolled them up, labeled the back and this way I didn’t have to order many more banners after the first year. When you are driving around town make an effort to look at other properties. Look at the curb appeal when shopping communities. It really makes a difference so keep your entrance crisp and clean and send a positive message to future residents!

No comments:

Post a Comment