Friday, April 10, 2015

Planning an Event on a Dime

After taking over a senior community with a tight budget and no activities director on staff, I had a challenge ahead of me. I started thinking about our health care vendors that come by from time to time with donuts for the residents and a handful of their fliers to leave in our clubhouse. I wondered if these vendors would consider furnishing lunch if I could guarantee them the opportunity to talk to our residents and have their undivided attention. A lunch and learn type thing only better! I decided to create Fun Fridays! I started asking vendors if they would be interested in providing a pizza party or a sandwich lunch for our residents? I asked the first vendor and they were very receptive so we booked it. Then another then another. Pretty soon we had vendor lunches planned for every Friday that month! The vendor brings lunch and gives a 15 minute presentation on their health care product or service. It benefits both the vendor and the residents. The resident not only gets a great lunch but they get to hear about many benefits that they may not have even known were out there. I still buy lunch and plan events for each holiday but now my residents don’t have to wait for a holiday. They get to have a free lunch and social hour each and every Friday and I have formed great relationships with our healthcare partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment