Friday, April 10, 2015

Relationships=Referrals

Everyone you meet has the potential to refer residents your way. I keep cards and any other marketing materials handy in my office, my purse or in my car to hand out when I come across anyone new. I especially do this when meeting vendors, salespeople and industry partners. Usually they stop by my office to drop off their materials, I will in turn hand them mine. Always! This is just good practice. We all want to help each other in business so I really try and take the time to do so. I will ask them about their business even if I may not need their services at the time. I can always refer them to another Community Manager etc. When outreach marketing I have small gifts with me. Instead of just handing out fliers, I’ll put the fliers in a gift basket with some candy or tie them to some baked goods. This way it brightens someone’s day and they remember me. For years now I have made sure to send holiday cards to everyone I know and then some. The holidays (not just Christmas) are a wonderful way to keep in touch and remind people of the community that you are working at and they will be happy to send you referrals. I send my business card so that they know how to get in touch with me. This is not just networking. This is building lasting relationships. Outreach marketing is an everyday job. Not just something I do when my occupancy is low. Keeping in touch and asking how I may be of service is one way I have built many friendships. I go to new business owners and offer to take photos of their place of business and post them on my facebook page. I feel that supporting each other is not only the right thing to do but it helps us all keep our units occupied and keep the doors open to large and small businesses alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment